Sunday, February 3, 2013

opps... and Dropzone commander review

Sorry about the lack of promised update the weekend kinda killed me. Today I will give you my two cents about the Dropzone commander rule book.

Alright, I am kinda mixed on this one. I love it and hate it at the same time. The book itself is beautiful and the rules are definitely one were you need to play for them to really click. However the organization of the book I do not like and I feel that large parts of the unit entries fluff were just copied and pasted. The one other thing I will comment on is that the fluff even in non UCM sections seems to always be from the UCM's point of view. Even considering this I still enjoyed reading the book and took my time going through it the first time. I do highly recommend checking it out before buying models so you can plan accordingly for your play style.
Final verdict would be that it reminds me a bit of the old 2 and 3rd edition GW 40k books but is much prettier. Actually consider the cost of 40k codexs and rule book now compared to DZC buy the DZC one.

That is it for now. Promise I will take pictures tonight and post within the next 48 the pictures of my 40 completed Romans. Just need to glue on shields and some arms.


Till then,

Aruki

No comments:

Post a Comment