Thursday, June 27, 2013

Striping with pinesol

A lot of stuff on the net says to only use pinesol for metal models and to leave it for 24 hours. I have found that if you leave plastic models in for an hour it strips 75% of the paint. Most of my plastic I have done two rounds in the pinesol and had no problems with the plastic losing detail. I have had to do it 3 times for a few models but most after two dips are about 90% stripped its usually in the very hard to reach places that remain left.

As a side note  I use the pinesol undiluted, many people say that it works just as well diluted. I have never tried it diluted. This is also the  best option by cost and availability in South Korea for striping models. I have done it with FW resin, GW plastics and Gw metal. Recently at Lotte mart you can buy two bottles for around 5000won. I have used 4 bottles in total to do all of the striping for my tau basically and it is reusable.


update tomorrow as promised.
Aruki

No comments:

Post a Comment