Friday, December 4, 2015

Review: G-Coat Origin-earth

Today's review is a product that caught my eye one day at a hobby shop. I picked it up because as many people I hate doing bases and I am horrible at them. The range as you can see is also available in 5 other textures. If I read the Korean correctly it is also water solvable(?). The bottle is fairly cheap as well, less than 5 USD.
You can apply with a brush or any sort of tool. I tried both. I found brushes were hard to use mainly because of the size of the models. You can add color to it before applying but I didn't.

I then painted over the top with Charred Brown for Vallejo Game color.

I then did a wash of Pale Grey from the Vallejo Game color range as well.

Overall, I found the product cheap to use and the results I am happy with. I will be testing it more on some other models in the near future with other colors. In the meantime I am curious on something.


Above you can see the nomads have had it applied. But while applying it and seeing it clump I thought it might work well as snow/ice type base. What do you guys think. If its piled up a bit deeper do you think it would work well as snow??

Well that's all I got for you. If you guys have any questions feel free to drop a comment.
Aruki


No comments:

Post a Comment