Monday, November 4, 2013

To keep or not to keep.

Lately, as some of you know, I have been debating ditching my 40k space marines. This has lead me to wonder how other people decide what to keep and what to ditch. Recently I have decided to review my collection every 6 months or so. I am looking at a few things, status of that army, enjoyment factor, cost of the game, local conditions and finally attachment. Allow me to elaborate.
Status of the army: with this I am looking at what I have, is it painted, needed stuff etc.
Enjoyment factor: Do I actually enjoy painting and playing the game/army
Cost: how expensive are the models and game system in general? How easy is it for me to get cheaper models or trades?
Local conditions: IE who do I know that will happily play the games with me.
Attachment: How much do I really want to keep them?

An example of this can be easily demonstrated on a scale of 1 to 10.

DW Prussians 7/8/7/5/8.
40k SM 5/6.5/6/8/6.
With this quick side by side you can see I am much happier with my DW Prussians than my 40k Space marines.  A lot of that is because of cost, enjoyment and attachment. In comparison to my tau as follows.
40k tau: 5/7.5/6.5/8/7.5
The main reason status is the same for my tau is because I decided to repaint them all. But as you can see it almost on par with DW Prussians. The main reasons for the difference are DW is fully painted, the game is usually more fun because of the people I can play with even though the local condition isn’t that good and so forth.

I hope this helps you guys decide what to keep or trade off. I would love to hear how you guys decide.
Aruki


No comments:

Post a Comment