Monday, May 11, 2015

Comparison of the Tau paint Jobs

As requested here are the 3 paint jobs on 3 different figures. This also means I completed 1 more model and got 2 more points.

From left to right. 1 the fire warrior, just with the same paint job as the rest of the tau. 2 darkstrider with an sepia ink wash. 3 is the fireblade with a sepia ink wash and then with the colors done again lightly over the areas again.



So which do you think works out best. Personally I like the first and last more than the 2nd. My son really likes the 3rd one. Only down side if I go with the 3rd one is having to go back and do more to all the other models so it matches up. But that's no biggie. I have also made progress on some of the BFG tau stuff but more on that latter this week.

Please drop a comment below to let me know what you guys think.
Aruki

2 comments:

  1. When you apply wash, try to apply it so it just gets into the creases and leaves a thin layer over the model. It seems to have pooled a bit on the middle guy (I did the same thing when I first started using inks and washes), which gives kinda of that speckly look. When you apply wash, you can use a towel to dab off excess if it pools, and add a bit of water (before putting on the model) to get it to flow a bit better.

    I find washes the most fun (washing/glazing) in terms of painting, because gravity does a lot of the work for you, so you can have fun experimenting with how think/dark you want wash in a particular area.

    Do you have any mud wash to play with? or just the sepia? (I personally like the #3, but feel you might be able to improve #2 with some adjustment)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Part of it is me trying to learn how to use inks. Washes are much easier for me. For inks I only have a few and sepia is the most brown one I have. Washes I have a much wider range. Lol I have a feeling if I can figure out inks it will be worth it in the long run.

      Delete