So I have decided to join the 6MMRPC. I am hoping this will help me not go over budget this year and figure it will be fun. I also figure if they all give permission I will add them to my painting table blog roll. You can find it here.
Alright everybody, it's time for the 2nd Annual 6 Month Mountain Reduction and Painting Challenge or 6MMRPC. We've changed up the time frame - it's going to run from June 1, 2015 thru November 30, 2015. This avoids Christmas. There have also been a few rules changes, and some exciting additions IN BOLD.
1. No purchasing of new miniatures, EXCEPT if you use a joker. You get three jokers to use on a figure purchase. Could be a blister pack, an ebay bundle, or a single figure...you can't splurge. The only exception to this rule is if you need bitz or A FIGURE (Singular) to complete a unit/warband etc.
1.1 - There is an opportunity to "earn" additional jokers. If you complete an entire project (whole unit/army/warband etc.) with pictures of starting, WIP, and completion, you earn yourself a Joker.
2. Gifts do not count against you. Holidays, birthdays etc. Also, if you're given gift cards by your hobby illiterate family or friends, you can without penalty use them on anything you want miniatures wise.
3. Paints, terrain (or materials), and other hobby supplies do not apply to the no purchasing rule.
4. At least one hobby related blog post and/or Instagram update a week. If you instagram, be sure to hashtag your pic with #6MMRPC
5. Zombtober will be part of the 6 month challenge so, Zombie related stuff during October is ENCOURAGED. Other theme suggestions are welcomed.
6. Anyone that wants to submit a before and after picture of a miniature that they are proud of completing during the course of the challenge to email@example.com will be entered into the running for a gift certificate to a online wargaming store of their choice. Judging will be by an un-biased person. Amount on the gift certificate will be dictated by winners nationality but should work out to about $30 U.S. I (Spiderweb of History) will not be eligible to win.
So spread the word folks, and lets make this an even better challenge than the last!
For those looking for additional info about this madness, please check out -
6 Month Mountain Reduction and Painting Challenge Master List
The 6MMRPC Facebook Group
We look forward to seeing you there!
Suffice to say I am looking forward to this. I will have more deffinite plans on my goals in the next few days.
Welcome to the challenge! I'm happy to be added to your roll. (Themadtinhatter)ReplyDelete
:P it's your fault I am joining anyway :PDelete
Welcome aboard! I also am fine with being added to your blog roll. I'm pretty sure no one would mind...be sure that if you have a Facebook acct you check ours out!ReplyDelete
Lol already on there.Delete
A bit of an echo chamber here but.... welcome!ReplyDelete
I've added you to the blogroll. http://6mmrpc.blogspot.ca/